If you’re on RewardStyle, getting the Link Ninja widget will allow you to create affiliate links quickly, with only a couple of clicks. You won’t need to log into RewardStyle every time you create a link, which is a big time-saver. Link Ninja is part of what differentiates rStyle from other affiliate networks, since it makes link creation a breeze.
In this post, I’ll show you exactly what to do to download Link Ninja.
RewardStyle might seem intimidating at first. They have a ton of different apps and options once you’re logged in. You can browse products, view analytics, collaborate with brands, and use any of their apps of widgets: Liketoknowit, shop the post, lookbook, boutique, money spot, link ninja, oh my!
If you’re new to the platform, you’re probably wondering what the heck everything is or does.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. You’re here for Link Ninja, and it’s the #1 widget I recommend using for rStyle.
Here’s how to download the widget on your desktop or on mobile.
To Use Link Ninja On Your Phone
You’ll need to download the rewardStyle app. In the app, click the Link Ninja icon (the one with the karate man). Then, search for a brand or store (i.e. Sephora). You’ll then be able to generate links to any page by clicking the Link Ninja icon again. Super easy!
To Use Link Ninja On Your Desktop (Recommended)
Step 1: Go to Apps > Link Ninja
In the menu, you’ll see an option called “Apps”. Hover it and scroll to the end, where it says “Link Ninja”.
Step 2: Drag the Link Ninja button to your bookmarks bar.
You’ll see a black and white Link Ninja button, with a karate kid on it. Click it and hold your mouse button, then drag and drop it in your bookmarks bar. The bookmarks bar is at the top, under the address bar.
Can’t see a bookmarks bar?
In Chrome, right-click the 3 dots at the right. Go to “Bookmarks” and check “Show Bookmarks Bar”.
In Firefox, click the menu button and choose “Customize”. Click “Toolbars” and select “Bookmarks Toolbar”.
I have Link Ninja. Now what?
You can now create affiliate links with a couple of simple clicks, directly from the brand or retailer’s website. For example, if you’re looking at a product on Sephora, you can click the Link Ninja bookmark to automatically create a link to that specific page. No need to log into RewardStyle and browse their extensive list of products.
A Few Link Ninja Tips
Follow these extra tips for a smooth Link Ninja experience.
- I personally name my Link Ninja bookmark “rS” so it’s compact in the bookmarks bar. I also keep it visible at all times so I’m able to quickly click it without opening my bookmarks.
- Not every advertiser is supported with RewardStyle, though most brands and retailers are. If you come across a page that isn’t supported, you won’t be able to link to the item. In this case, you can choose to notify rStyle that you’re interested in that retailer or brand, and they might make an effort to get them on their network if there’s enough interest.
- If, for whatever reason, the bookmark stops working, you’ll have to repeat this process. It should be good for a long time, but every once in a while my bookmark stops working. Just a heads up.
- You can choose the type of link you want, whether it’s the “rstyle” or “bitly” format, in your profile in RewardStyle. All links created with Link Ninja follow the format you chose.
- Whenever possible, link to large retailers such as Nordstrom, Sephora, Ulta, and so on. You’ll get more chances of conversions with a large retailer as opposed to a brand’s website.
I hope you were able to successfully download the Link Ninja widget. If you’re still having trouble, comment here and I’ll do my best to help.
Need more help with affiliate links?
Read my in-depth guide to affiliate links. It covers all the main ways to make money with affiliate programs beyond just rewardStyle.