Hell yes, it’s the first of the month!
I’m especially excited for June because this time, I swear I’ll be super organized and follow my schedule to the tee. No, for real!! June is going to be a new beginning.
This is also the first month I’ll be adding goals and tracking what needs to be done. And I’m going to add my social media progress and stats as well.
As always, here’s my progress for the past year:
- January 2015: $185.16
- February 2015: $203.96
- March 2015: $515.48
- April 2015: $786.03
- May 2015: $757.29
- June 2015: $957.47
- July 2015: $1,487.82
- August 2015: $1,735.64
- September 2015: $1,521.11
- October 2015: $1,784.43
- November 2015: $2,391.96
- December 2015: $3,069.71
- January 2016: $3,461.03
- February 2016: $3,985.58
- March 2016: $6,696.22
- April 2016: $6,301.01
- May 2016: $7,806.68
P.S. My income reports aren’t about Rosevibe! I’m a full-time blogger.
What’s Up In May
In May, I realized that I want to do more. Specifically, I want to do more of what I love. My main blog being a beauty blog, it’s easy to get caught up in a superficial world. Product launches, marketing, ads, empty claims.
Those aren’t the aspects of the beauty industry that I love, to say the least. I’ve always loved some aspects of beauty and makeup though. The art. The role makeup plays in self-confidence and finding some degree of inner peace. The better decisions we can make as consumers to change the most horrible aspects of the beauty industry (such as animal testing, which is why I started my blog in the first place).
Even though my blog is focusing on the last aspect the most, I find myself being sucked into some things I don’t like.
And this might be an odd thing to say in an income report, but I’m not a very materialistic person. Lately I’ve been feeling like I’m spending too much time on things I find superficial, and not enough time on meaningful things.
April Income Breakdown
- AdThrive: $2,823.79
- Amazon: $2,920.98
- Linkshare: $538.47
- Shareasale: $202.92
- rStyle: $135.55
- iHerb: $393.05
- ShopStyle: $6
- Other Affiliate Revenue: $35.92
- BlueHost: $450
- Writing: $300
- TOTAL: $7806.68
The total ad revenue for May is $2,824, making my RPM $4.48. I might try an ad at the very top of the site to increase my RPM, but I’m not ready to change my ad placement just yet.
Tailwind is my latest discovery, and I don’t know how I lived without it. You can schedule your pins, track them, and have access to so many stats. I super highly recommend it (click here to try it free for a month!).
I currently have 5,979 followers on Pinterest. With Tailwind, I’ve been scheduling 3 to 8 pins a day and I’m still testing things out to see what’s optimal.
I’ve also been upping my Facebook game by posting regularly, 2 times a week. I know what you’re thinking. It doesn’t seem like a lot, and it isn’t. I’m testing it out and monitoring the results.
Right now I’ve reached 7,761 followers. I’m hoping to gain close to 1,000 new followers a month, which I’m on track for.
1. Stick to my schedule without flaking. This means posting on the blogs and scheduling social media posts every week without fail.
2. Focus on what’s important. I spend so much time on details that don’t matter very much in the end. Lately I’ve been trying to apply the 80/20 principle a little bit more, and I often have to stop myself from insignificant tasks.
3. Begin my Rosevibe adventure. I finally launched this blog after almost a year of mulling over it, and it feels great! I’ve been so excited about it. I’m going to start new social media profiles, post regularly, and Rosevibe will pracically become my first priority from now on. *raises glass*
4. Plan a well-deserved vacation! After a rough year, I’m finally going to take a small break. My boyfriend and I want to go on vacation for a month, and we’ll be planning it over the month. Much excite.
Thank you so much for reading!